My Wife and I (My own side of the movie) -- Review

This movie, is one I like so much, because the producer, scriptwriter and actors tried. Maybe not  really oyinbo standard, but the story is different and I love the fact that Omoni thought outside the box. I also loved the exchange of roles, which they did perfectly well, at a point I didn’t understand sha.. I was trying to separate their lives and understand that they had exchanged souls and all lol. Enough (and maybe too much) scenes.. All the main people in the film were fine oh lol. And yes, so many many deep lessons to learn.

Main koko of the story...

I have forgotten their names in the feem oh. But must importantly, na Ramsey Noah and Omoni Oboli act am. (So for this review, Ramsey shall be called Tokunboh aka Toks, and Omoni shall be called Ebere!!) They had twin teenage children, a boy and a girl who were in the Senior Secondary school. Fine cute children. Ebere was a very harsh and hot headed wife, who was obviously tired and disinterested in the marriage and she was at the brink of seeking a divorce. She was obviously frustrated and her husbands ‘weakness’ irritated her. Toks was a calm headed and peaceful man, who hated competition. He wasn’t weak or slow, he just loved to take his time. Hence, why he chose farming as his profession. He seemed to be someone who loved family, stillness and nature. So apparently, Toks and Ebere were opposites. Ebere didn’t try to understand, Toks understood but couldn’t get across to his wife. She was disconnected, trying to force her husband to do what she wants or be like her. Relationships work better when we understand the nature of our partners..
Sha sha sha.. they woke up one morning and realized that they had exchanged souls. Or bodies. Me sef ayam confused. All I know is that Ebere’s mind, soul and spirit entered Toks body and Toks mind, soul and spirit entered Ebere’s body. It was a funny sight. I really did laugh sooooo hard. Ebere was a finance expert and imagine that a farmer (husband) was in her body, so her body was useless as her husband who had no knowledge whatsoever of finance had to go to work and give presentations. It was a very big disaster. It was even Ebere I pitied the most because her husband (in her body) messed up everything. You know how finance and calculating can be. If you no sabi, you no sabi. No forming or guessing!!
There were very many funny moments, that I cannot share because it will spoil the movie for you. Okay imagine when their daughter’s menstruation came and Ebere had to go to get sanitary pads (remember that Ebere is carrying Toks soul) so apparently Toks had no idea on what to do lol. He abi she ended up buying up to ten always pad oh. Can you imagine. Hahaha. There are many more funny moments that you should see!
Many things happened, but most especially they had to work and fight for their marriage. Apparently Ebere still loved her husband but was still hurt about something he did in the past.. as they decided to fight for their marriage, their relationship with their children also became better.
May God give us the grace to walk in wisdom in our marriages.

Rating
I will rate this movie 8/10. For the ability of the producer and scriptwriter to think outside the box and the fact that the actors delivered their roles, almost perfectly (I would have said perfectly but only a fellow good actor should say that and really at some point I was confused at the exchange thing). I liked the fact that they were sincerely funny!! Yes, I laughed so many times! I didn’t like the fact that it was too long and some scenes were boring and unnecessary.

Have you seen the movie? Please share your thoughts. If you haven’t, I hope I made you decide to.. hurry!! It will be leaving the cinemas soon!
Please do not forget to subscribe..

Kachifo!
Odabo!

xx

Someone should give me an iphone na #crying#

Comments

Popular Posts